Friday, June 29, 2007

About This Blog

Did you notice that the two things this blog is about requires sitting, relaxing, solitude, and eye-hand coordination. I guess that says something about us knitters/readers. Okay, so reading requires only minimal eye-hand coordination, but it requires some.

Solitude could mean having to shut out the sights and sounds around you to create an illusion of solitude.

Relaxing isn't a requirement, but hopefully it's a by-product.

I had done some knitting in the past. Mostly simple slippers, hats, and dishcloths. I hadn't knitted anything for years, but when I was living in my car from August 2006 to mid-March 2007, I started up again. One of the hardest things about living in a car is finding things to fill your time. When the weather was hot, I did a lot of reading. When autumn was approaching, I decided I could use an afghan. I crocheted the old standby, the ripple afghan. It's simple, fast, and cheap yarn works just fine. When I was finished with that I switched to knitting dishcloths. I went to the library to use the computers, found tons of free patterns online. While surfing the 'Net I started coming across blogs and then discovered KALS as well. I guess I've knitted around 80 or so. Igave about 25 away at work (working part time).

What was really cool was, I started getting books-on-tape from the library so I could "read" while I was knitting. Now that I have a place to live, I watch TV and knit. Actually, it's more like listening to TV, but it works, and satisfies my need to do more than one thing at a time. If I could work in a third thing to do as well, that would make me extremely happy.

No comments: